Techplus® REMOTE HANDS Support
Datagram offers colocation customers the opportunity to use our professional engineers as their eyes, ears and hands. Remote Hands will allow your IT staff to complete basic tasks for your mission-critical IT systems without having to be physically present. As an added benefit, all of our colocation customers receive one (1) hour of complimentary Remote Hands a month.
Remote Hands is offered at all Datagram colocation data centers and is available every day of the year, 24 hours a day. Remote Hands support includes the following:
- On-site technical assistance
- Visual verification to assist remote troubleshooting efforts
- Swapping removable media (tapes, CDs, DVDs, etc.)
- Pushing a button or toggling a switch on hardware equipment
- Power cycling equipment
- Shipping and handling RMA equipment
- Inventorying/Labeling equipment or taking digital photos
Techplus® SMART HANDS Support
Colocation customers sometimes require more then just basic remote hands support, so Datagram offers more advanced support via Smart Hands, which allows our customers to fully leverage the knowledge and expertise of our highly skilled engineers.
Smart Hands is offered at all Datagram colocation data centers and is available every day of the year, 24 hours a day. Smart Hands support includes:
- Racking-and-stacking of new equipment
- Cable management designs and deployment
- Wiring services such as moving, securing, or terminating cables.
- Relaying equipment status and typing commands onto a pre-installed console.
- Installing, replacing/removing equipment components (e.g. router/switch, internal module or card, disk drive, memory, etc.)
- Moving or securing cables or customer-side cross-connects
- Installing OS and/or application software with default or specific configurations based on customer-provided instructions
- Advanced systems or network configuration troubleshooting
- Advanced operating system or applications troubleshooting